- John J. Pershing is sent in the Philippines to pacificate the Moros factions.
- Howard Carter is appointed Chief Ispector of Antiquities to the Egyptian governemnt.
- Boer War begins in southern Africa.
- September 13: Henry Bliss is killed by a car, making him the first known motor fatality
- October: Philippine–American War begins between United States of America and Philippines.
- October 19: Robert Goddard has life-altering revelation regarding space travel.
- January 17: Al Capone in Naples, Italy
- July 1: Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones Jr. in Princeton, New Jersey
- July 21: Ernest Hemingway in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Nancy Stratemeyer
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" (Mentioned only) → My First Adventure
- The Roaring Twenties (Glossary)
Notes and references