- Austria becomes the official name of Austria-Hungary for the first time.
- George Smith Patton, Jr. begins first military assignment, patrolling the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Bronislaw Malinowski begins studying the Trobriand Islanders.
- A second construction work on Pearl Harbor begins.
- D. W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation is released to theaters.
- Spring: The Celtic Scholar publishes Charles B. Hawken's discovery of the Abergavenney manuscript.
- March: Italy enters the war against its former allies.
- April: Remy Baudouin enlists with Pancho Villa's army.
- May: Manfred von Richthofen joins the German Flying Service.
- May 7:
- May 31: First Zeppelin aerial bombing over London occours,
- November: Gertrude Bell joins the British Intelligence Service.
- December 4: Henry Ford's Peace Ship set sail for Europe.
- Young Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Fire (Historical note)
- Grail Diary
- The War to End All Wars (Non-fiction source)
- Dynasty (Non-fiction source)
- Interactive Timeline
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
Notes and references