- Austria becomes the official name of Austria-Hungary for the first time.
- George Smith Patton, Jr. begins first military assignment, patrolling the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Bronislaw Malinowski begins studying the Trobriand Islanders.
- Paul Robeson joins the Rutgers University football team but is attacked by his racist teammates.
- A second construction work on Pearl Harbor begins.
- The US Supreme Court rules that Edison and his partners have violated the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- D. W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation is released to theaters.
- William Fox sets up a little studio in Hollywood that becomes 20th Century Fox. Carl Laemmle opens Universal Studios.
- January: Indiana Jones faces a terrorist plot in Venice.
- Spring: The Celtic Scholar publishes Charles B. Hawken's discovery of the Abergavenney manuscript.
- March: Italy enters the war against its former allies.
- April: Remy Baudouin enlists with Pancho Villa's army.
- May: Manfred von Richthofen joins the German Flying Service.
- May 7:
- May 31: First Zeppelin aerial bombing over London.
- November: Gertrude Bell joins the British Intelligence Service.
- December 4: Henry Ford's Peace Ship set sail for Europe.
- Young Indiana Jones and the Mountain of Fire (Historical note)
- Indiana Jones Jr et le Spectre de Venise
- Grail Diary
- The War to End All Wars (Non-fiction source)
- Dynasty (Non-fiction source)
- New Gods for Old (Non-fiction source)
- Paul Robeson - Scandalize My Name (Non-fiction source)
- The Rise of the Moguls - The Men Who Built Hollywood (Non-fiction source)
- Interactive Timeline
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
Notes and references