- September: THe US army is organized enough to go into battle under its own flag.
- November 11: World War I ends.
- Poland becomes an independent nation.
- Indiana Jones and Remy Baudouin search for the Peacock's Eye.
- Joe Oliver moves to Chicago.
- January: Mattias Targo in Transylvania
- September: Molly Walder in Istanbul, Turkey
- Nicholas Hunyadi
- Adolf Schmidt
- November 4: Helen Margaret Seymour in Oxford, England
- November 11: Rajendra Sing
- Jin Ming
Behind the scenes
The real Ernest Hemingway arrived in Italy as an ambulance driver in June 1918 (and injured on July 8, 1918) as correctly shown in the "Northern Italy, June 1918". However the episode was edited to become the first part of Tales of Innocence, dated 1917.
- Field of Death (Historical note)
- Trek of Doom (Historical note)
- The Secret Peace (Historical note)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Transylvania, January 1918" → Masks of Evil
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Northern Italy, June 1918" → Tales of Innocence
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Istanbul, September 1918" → Masks of Evil
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" → Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
- The Roaring Twenties (Glossary)
- Who Are Those Guys? (Non-fiction source)
- The War to End All Wars (Non-fiction source)
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
- Colonel Lawrence's War - T.E. Lawrence and Arabia (Non-fiction source)
Notes and references