- Unveiling of the first computer ENIAC
- Carbon dating discovered.
- Dacron patented.
- League of Nations dissolved.
- Trygve Lie is elected first secretary-general of the UN.
- Paris peace conference.
- Nuremberg trials.
- Central Intelligence Agency formed.
- Jordan gains self-government.
- Civil war begins in Indochina between the Vietnamese under Ho Chi Minh and French.
- The two piece bathing suit is released and adopts the name 'bikini' from the atomic testing at Bikini Atoll.
Notes and referencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.