- Dead Sea Scrolls found near Jerusalem, in caves around the Dead Sea.
- Henry Walton Jones, Sr. acted as substitute teacher for his son at Barnett College while his son was away.
- Indiana Jones searches for the Infernal Machine.
- Members of a fanatical cult plan to acquire the Philosopher's Stone and use it to resurrect dead Nazis.
- July 9: UFO incident occurs in Roswell, New Mexico. Indiana Jones is threatened into investigating a crash site whose pilot's body is eventually transfered to Hangar 51.
- August 15: India gains independence and splits becoming India and Pakistan.
- United States of America
Notes and referencesEdit