British Honduras was a small British colony in Central America, on the eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. Together with Mexico and Guatemala, it was the home of the Mayan civilization, which flourished in the region until European contact. While most of Central America was primarily dominated by the Spanish, this country was primarily settled by British loggers, and eventually became a British colony.
Today, what was once called British Honduras is the modern day independent country of Belize.
Adventures in British Honduras
In 1933, the government of British Honduras declared Indiana Jones to be a grave robber for the theft of a precious crystal quartz artifact from Cozan, something that would drastically damage his reputation. Pankot prime minister Chattar Lal learned of the event and reminded Jones of it when he was annoyed with the archaeologist's questions about Pankot Palace.
Locations and artifacts
Behind the scenes
In Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the map showing the flight to Peru labels British Honduras as Belize despite the name not being adopted until 1973.
- Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone
- Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Pyramid of the Sorcerer
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (On map) (As Belize)
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
- The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones