At night, members (or descendants) of the Nazca tribe protected the Chauchilla Cemetery in Nazca, Peru, where famed Spanish explorer Francisco de Orellana had been interred with the Crystal Skull of Akator.
In 1957, a warrior was one of the two guards at the cemetery who moved to fend off Indiana Jones and Mutt Williams as they sought out Orellana's grave. During the fight, the warrior attempted to sneak up on Williams with a blowgun loaded with a deadly poison dart but Jones caught him by surprise and blew the projectile back into the warrior's throat from the other side, killing him. His partner was more fortunate and simply got chased away by Jones upon seeing his pistol.
Behind the scenes
The Cemetery Warrior was played by Ernie Reyes, Jr. in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
The Cemetery Warrior action figure packaging erroneously claims that there were three warriors present when Jones and Mutt arrived at the Chauchilla Cemetery. The character is also included in the 2009 sets of the LEGO Indiana Jones franchise. In LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, the Cemetery Warrior attacks with more than one partner.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull novel
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comic
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance)
- Indiana Jones Action Figures
- Chauchilla Cemetery Battle