A cobra is a type of venomous snake. Found in Asia and Africa, there are several different types of cobra. Cobras have the ability to create a "hood" using skin around the sides of their heads and necks to increase the appearance of their head. One species, the king cobra, is considered to be the longest poisonous snake in the world, and is known to eat primarily other snakes.
Adventures with cobras
After the traumatic experience with several snakes in the circus train that triggered his ophidiophobia in 1912, Indiana Jones made a drawing and notations about the dangers of cobras in his journal. Jones later had several encounters with cobras.
Henrik Mellberg kept a pet king cobra, in a terrarium in his New York City apartment. In 1936, Indiana Jones came to meet Mellberg, but was caught by agents of the Ahnenerbe who tried to threaten him by placing him near the opened terrarium. However, a distraction from a maid allowed Jones to dodge, and the cobra bit one of the agents.
Later that year, a cobra was among the many snakes found in the Well of the Souls, when Jones and Sallah attempted to retrieve the Ark of the Covenant. When Jones fell into the chamber, he ended up face to face with the cobra, which was preparing to strike, but Jones managed to avoid a snakebite.
- Indiana Jones Adventure World
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Deleted scene) (as statue)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom arcade
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye
- Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark comic
- The Adventures of Indiana Jones
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Star Wars Insider 92 - It's Official: Indy is Back!
- The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide