However, after centuries of guarding the Grail, the knight's strength failed him and he toppled backwards under the weight of the weapon. Jones helped the Grail Knight get back up and when he saw Jones he smiled. Believing the archaeologist to be the long awaited knight that had come to vanquish him in single combat for protection of the cup, the Grail Knight tried to pass on his weapon. Instead of accepting it, Jones lowered the sword and, pressed for time, he said he was unable to explain the situation when Walter Donovan and Elsa Schneider arrived to take the Grail.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade junior novel
- From Star Wars To Indiana Jones - The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide