"Over 4,000 years old. By King Cheops, it's one of the largest constructions ever made by man and one of the seven wonders of the world."―Indiana Jones[src]
The Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Constructed as the tomb of Pharaoh Khufu (also known as Cheops), it was believed to have taken 100,000 men around twenty years to build the 150 meter-tall structure out of 2,300,000 blocks of granite.
In 1908, a young Indiana Jones visited the pyramid with his tutor Miss Seymour where she tested the youth on his knowledge of the Great Pyramid after they scaled one of the two smaller pyramids situated next to it, though Jones would rather have climbed the tallest. It was at the base of the pyramids where Jones first met Thomas Edward Lawrence, who stayed with the pair overnight after their guide had run off with their camels.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" → My First Adventure
- The Mummy's Curse
- Young Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Terror
- Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide
- Indiana Jones and the Interior World (Dream)
- Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx