Vandalism on the Indiana Jones Wiki is defined as any edits made in a deliberate attempt to lower the quality of the wiki. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Replacing the text of an article or a section of an article with blank text.
- Uploading inappropriate images, or replacing existing images with inappropriate images.
- Adding nonsense, obscenities, or bad jokes to existing articles.
- Creating new articles which are entirely off-topic nonsense.
- Moving a page to a new, nonsensical title.
- Adding external links to pages for the purpose of advertising. (This is a form of spam, sometimes called "linkspam" or "spamdalism".)
An editor who vandalises the wiki may be blocked from making further edits, according to blocking policy.
Any good-faith attempt to improve the Indiana Jones Wiki, even if it is misguided, should not be considered vandalism. This may include:
- Adding information to the wiki from unreliable sources (assuming the editor in question is not aware that the sources are unreliable).
- Adding information which may or may not be correct, but doing so in a way which violates Indiana Jones Wiki:Manual of Style, the rules of MediaWiki syntax, or the rules of English grammar and spelling.
- Removing information which the editor believes to be incorrect.