The Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a junior novelization of the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull feature film. The book was written by James Luceno and published on June 1, 2008.
This exciting, fast-paced retelling adapts all the action straight from the movie. Readers can relive the page-turning experience over and over again with an insert of full-color photos!
Differences from the filmEdit
- Indiana Jones responds to Antonin Dovchenko asking him if he recognizes Hangar 51 by saying "go to hell" rather than "drop dead".
- When climbing into the refrigerator in the Doom Town, Jones is said to have his leather jacket on which blocks the fridge door from shutting, while in the film Indy wasn't wearing his jacket and the fridge was blocked by fake fruits.
- The fleeing Russian soldiers Lincoln, Franklin, and Hoover do not see the fridge flying over the car during Doom Town's explosion.
- The motorcycle and sedan chase at one point goes into a football field during a game, however such events never happen in the film. This scene also occurs in the comic adaptation.
- When Indy stares at the skull, his eyes drip blood and as do Irina Spalko's at Akator.
- Some notable lines from the film are changed entirely, and some profanity is edited out.