"Dr. Jones, what you look at?"
This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images. Please upload a relevant image and place it here. Once finished, this notice may be removed.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
The novel contains several differences having been adapted from the script which went through changes before the final film appeared on screen. Some of which can also be found in Rob MacGregor's edition produced for an older audience.
Differences from the film[edit | edit source]
- The young Indiana Jones confronts several members of the (unnamed) Dunn & Duffy Combined Circus including a rotund bearded lady of whom's lap he falls into.
- Fedora and Panama Hat are the same character.
- Jones's recovery of the Cross of Coronado in 1938 takes place off the coast of Brazil, not Portugal.
- While infiltrating Castle Brunwald, Jones adopts the character of English lord Clarence Chumley in place of Scot Clarence MacDonald.
- The Grail Knight reveals his advanced physical age is due in part to having aged a year each time his spirit wavered while guarding the Holy Grail, unworthy to drink from the cup.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Indiana Jones
- Henry Walton Jones, Sr.
- Sallah Mohammed Faisel el-Kahir
- Fedora / Panama Hat
- Herman Mueller
- Walter Donovan
- Elsa Schneider
- Adolf Hitler
- Ernst Vogel
- Marcus Brody
- Grail Knight
Artifacts[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.