The Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Read-Along Adventure was the second of Buena Vista Records' trilogy of Read-Along Adventures which adapted the first three Indiana Jones movies for the book-and-record format. The adaptation of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was released in 1984.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
Differences from the film[edit | edit source]
- Marhan and Phillip James Blumburtt don't appear.
- Chattar Lal's role is reduced welcoming Indiana Jones and his friends to Pankot Palace.
- Jones comments that the dinner guests are not Hindus and Short Round discovers that fire breaks the Black Sleep of the Kali Ma, moments cut from the film.
- The heart removal scene is omitted.
- The fight between Jones and the Chief Guard is abridged, with the guard surviving the confrontation when Jones flees in the mine cart.
- The water that floods the mine tunnels is from a reservoir.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Big Short Round
- Indiana Jones
- Chattar Lal
- Lao Che
- Mola Ram
- Willie Scott
- Short Round
- Zalim Singh