Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
When Indiana Jones finds himself in Shanghai on the wrong end of a deal gone bad, he barely escapes with his life. But he only makes it as far as India before trouble finds him once again. In a strange palace surrounded by dark rumors, Indy must uncover the truth--not to mention a few priceless artifacts.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
Differences from the film[edit | edit source]
- There is a prologue set at Princeton University in which Indiana Jones' father Henry Walton Jones, Senior is mentioned as well Indy's service as an Allied soldier and spy during World War I.
- Lao Che is the one who ask is joke "Too much to drink, Dr. Jones?".
- Kao Kan and Chen's names are reversed.
- Marhan is simply called "Shaman".
- There were several elements left out to make the book deemed suitable for the reading of children. Foul language was edited out as was the scene where Indiana Jones tries to make love with Willie Scott.