- "Over the centuries this city has been the capital of several empires, including Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman"
- ―Indiana Jones[src]
As Byzantium and later Constantinople, it was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire from 1453 to its dissolution in 1923. Since then, it has remained as the biggest and more developed city in the Republic of Turkey.
Napoleon Bonaparte once said, "If the earth was one country, Istanbul would be its capital."
Adventures in Istanbul[edit | edit source]
Beneath Istanbul was the Palace of Belisarius, homaged to Poseidon. Indiana Jones traveled to the site in 1935 while collecting a piece of the Mirror of Dreams and discovered that the palace guarded by a Kraken.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Young Indiana Jones and the Secret City
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Istanbul, September 1918" → Masks of Evil
- Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Mentioned only) (As "Byzantium")
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings Scavenger Hunt
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
- Indiana Jones und das Labyrinth des Horus
- Indiana Jones and the Golden Fleece
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Grail Diary
- Indiana Jones Artifacts
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb: 1935 Journal
- Interactive Timeline
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide