This is a list of episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles aired from 1992 to 1993 on ABC. A total of twenty-eight episodes were produced by Paramount Pictures and Lucasfilm. The series was partially released on Laserdisc and VHS in the early 1990s. Four TV movies based on the series aired on The Family Channel from 1994 to 1996.
In 1996, the Chronicles and the Family Channel TV movies were edited into twenty-two feature-length episodes; a new series known as The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. The series was partially released on VHS in 1999, and was released in its entirety on DVD throughout late 2007 and early 2008.
The Young Indiana Jones ChroniclesEdit
The first season of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles consisted of six episodes. The series debuted on ABC on March 4, 1992 with the feature-length episode Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal, serving to introduce the character during the three stages of his life which would be portrayed in the show. The rest of the Season One episodes were an hour long, with five subsequent episodes airing before the show was cancelled.
Young Indy was picked up again by ABC due to critical success and four more hour-long episodes were aired several months later, beginning on September 21, 1992. ABC proceeded to order another two-hour TV movie and thirteen more hour-long episodes for Season Two. Altogether, the second season consisted of twenty-two episodes—a combination of newly-produced episodes and the remaining episodes originally produced for the first season. The last episode, "Paris, May 1919," aired on July 24, 1993, leaving four episodes unaired by the network.
In some territories, certain episodes were split or combined under different titles.
|"Young Indiana Jones and the Great Escape"|
|"Chicago, April 1920"|
|"Chicago, May 1920"|
|"New York, June 1920"|
|"New York, July 1920"|
During pre-production, the crew developed a timeline extending from 1908 to 1922 of all major events and people of the time period, and Lucas intended to produce episodes set even earlier as well as leading up to a 24-year-old Jones. However, the series was cancelled in 1993 (with Indiana Jones at age 21.), and as a result there were a number of episodes that were not produced.
The table below lists the unproduced episodes. The numbered episodes were detailed in the third season synopsis, dated February 8, 1993, and the unnumbered episodes were confirmed by other sources.
The Family Channel TV moviesEdit
Four television movies were produced based on some of the unproduced The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episodes, and aired on the The Family Channel from 1994 to 1996. Most of the cast and crew from the series returned to work on the TV movies. Though no "Old Indy" bookend segments were filmed for the TV movies, Sean Patrick Flanery and Lloyd Owen provided bookends for Young Indiana Jones: Travels with Father.
|Young Indiana Jones and the Hollywood Follies||October 15, 1994||"Hollywood, Early August 1920" and "Newhall, Late August 1910"|
|Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye||January 15, 1995||"New Guinea, March 1919" and "Bombay, April 1919"|
|Young Indiana Jones and the Attack of the Hawkmen||October 8, 1995||"Ravenelle, Early February 1917" and "Ahlhorn, Late February 1917"|
|Young Indiana Jones: Travels with Father||June 16, 1996||"Russia, March 1909" and "Athens, July 1910"|
The Adventures of Young Indiana JonesEdit
In 1996, George Lucas oversaw the re-editing of all Young Indiana Jones content into twenty-two feature-length episodes, called chapters. New footage was shot, including bridging material and two new segments: "Tangiers" (for My First Adventure, and based on an unproduced Chronicles episode) and "Morocco" (shot for Tales of Innocence). "Palestine, October 1917" was extended with new footage, as well as footage from the film The Lighthorsemen, and renamed Daredevils of the Desert. The Young Indiana Jones: Travels with Father bookends were removed, and combined with "Paris, May 1919" and a new "Princeton, August 1919" segment to make Winds of Change.
Twelve of the chapters were released on VHS in 1999 as part of The Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones, which also included VHS versions of the (at the time) three theatrical films. Chapters were numbered to include the eventual release of additional films, though none beyond the original twelve were produced.
The complete series was released on DVD from October 2007 to April 2008; Chapters 1-7 were included in the 2007 box set The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume One, The Early Years, Chapters 8-15 were included in the 2007 box set The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume Two, The War Years, and Chapters 16-22 were included in the 2008 box set The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume Three, The Years of Change. The series has also aired on the USA, SCI FI and History channels.
|Chapter||Title||VHS era||DVD volume & era|
|1.||My First Adventure||None (unreleased)||Volume One, The Early Years|
|2.||Passion for Life||None (unreleased)||Volume One, The Early Years|
|3.||The Perils of Cupid||None (unreleased)||Volume One, The Early Years|
|4.||Travels with Father||None (unreleased)||Volume One, The Early Years|
|5.||Journey of Radiance||None (unreleased)||Volume One, The Early Years|
|6.||Spring Break Adventure||The War Years||Volume One, The Early Years|
|7.||Love's Sweet Song||None (unreleased)||Volume One, The Early Years|
|8.||Trenches of Hell||The War Years||Volume Two, The War Years|
|9.||Demons of Deception||None (unreleased)||Volume Two, The War Years|
|10.||Phantom Train of Doom||The High Adventure Years||Volume Two, The War Years|
|11.||Oganga, The Giver and Taker of Life||The Secret Service Years||Volume Two, The War Years|
|12.||Attack of the Hawkmen||The Secret Service Years||Volume Two, The War Years|
|13.||Adventures in the Secret Service||The Secret Service Years||Volume Two, The War Years|
|14.||Espionage Escapades||None (unreleased)||Volume Two, The War Years|
|15.||Daredevils of the Desert||The High Adventure Years||Volume Two, The War Years|
|16.||Tales of Innocence||The Years of Change||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
|17.||Masks of Evil||The Years of Change||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
|18.||Treasure of the Peacock's Eye||The High Adventure Years||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
|19.||Winds of Change||None (unreleased)||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
|20.||Mystery of the Blues||The Comic Years||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
|21.||Scandal of 1920||None (unreleased)||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
|22.||Hollywood Follies||The Comic Years||Volume Three, The Years of Change|
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ "ABC Renews Struggling 'Young Indiana Jones'." Lexington Herald-Leader, April 18, 1992.
- ↑ This episode consisted of the stories "Egypt, May 1908" and "Mexico, March 1916."
- ↑ This episode consisted of "German East Africa, November 1916 (1)" and "German East Africa, November 1916 (2)."
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Young Indiana Jones Episode Guide at innermind.com
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Young Indy: Around the World 
- ↑ George Lucas on Issues, Ideas and Indiana Jones at The New York Times
- ↑ 9.00 9.01 9.02 9.03 9.04 9.05 9.06 9.07 9.08 9.09 9.10 9.11 9.12 9.13 9.14 9.15 9.16 9.17 9.18 9.19 9.20 9.21 9.22 9.23 9.24 Laird Malamed post from TheRaider.net, citing an episode list dated December 19, 1991
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Young Indy That Could Have Been - List of episodes never produced
- ↑ The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, On the Set and Behind the Scenes, p. 6
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 The Lost Chronicles of Young Indiana Jones - thread at the StarWars.com message boards
- ↑ This episode was to involve Indy meeting Harry Houdini and flying in a balloon with him. Indy mentions having known Houdini in "Germany, Mid-August 1916", and mentions the events of this episode in "Palestine, October 1917".
- ↑ This episode woud have had Indy, Remy and Jaques fighting in Flanders. The events of this episode are mentioned in "Somme, Early August 1916".
- ↑ Laird Malamed post at TheRaider.net citing a season two episode list dated August 3, 1992
- ↑ Some of this episodes events may have been incorporated into "Austria, March 1917".
- ↑ This episode's title was later produced as "Palestine, October 1917".
- ↑ This epsode was later changed to "Cuba, December 1919", but went unfilmed anyway.
- ↑ This episode may have involved Indiana Jones meeting Eliot Ness and starting college.
- ↑ 
- ↑