The Moon is the planet Earth's natural satellite which had featured in world cultures and popular entertainment long before mankind ever set foot on it.
The ancient Atlanteans used a Moonstone in conjunction with a Sun and Worldstone in their technology. Tsukuyomi is the lunar kami in Japanese Shinto. The Holy Grail was housed in the Canyon of the Crescent Moon.
While searching for the resting place of Qin Shi Huang in 1934, Indiana Jones found a tomb in Shaanxi, China that was decorated with a large map of the known world made from jewels and other treasures which included an ivory moon suspended within the jaws of a stone dragon.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" → My First Adventure
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" → Spring Break Adventure
- The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones – Winds of Change
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues" → Mystery of the Blues
- Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx (Ivory replica)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Canyon)
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- Race to the Moon Temple – Indiana Jones All-Colour Christmas Special
- Indiana Jones and the Rising Sun
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure