Noah's Ark was, according to Abrahamic religions, a large vessel built at God's command to save Noah, his family, and a core stock of the world's animals from the Great Flood. According to most tradition, as the waters of the flood receded, the ark landed on Mount Ararat. The story is told in chapters 6-9 of the book of Genesis, with later variations in the Qur'an and a number of other sources.
They eventually found it half-buried in a glacier. After Jones' party climbed inside it for shelter, a series of gunshots fired outside caused an avalanche which sent the Ark sliding down the mountainside.
Coming to a rest, the Ark was buried under an ocean of snow, once more hidden from the world.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge (First appearance)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First mentioned)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade junior novel (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Close Encounters of the Random Kind (Ambiguously canonical source)
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
- Indiana Jones World Map