"Peking , March 1910" is the twentieth episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, and the fourteenth episode in season two. The episode originally aired on ABC on June 26, 1993. For home video, it was paired up with "Benares, January 1910" to become the film Journey of Radiance.
Old Indy is celebrating Thanksgiving dinner with his grandchildren when one of them, Harry, refuses to even try the cranberry sauce, prompting old Indiana Jones to speak of his childhood experience in China during his father's world lecture tour.
After Jones finishes the story, Annie, another relative, asks what it has to do with cranberry sauce. Not much, Indy's concedes, he then serves his greatgrandson some sauce while telling the boy that h'll probably hate it, just like him.
Cast and characters
- Corey Carrier as Indiana Jones
- Margaret Tyzack as Helen Seymour
- Ruth de Sosa as Anna Jones
- Lloyd Owen as Henry Jones, Sr.
- George Hall as Old Indy
- Ping Wu as Li Shung Sui
- Nigel Fan as Ah Pin
- Dr. Le as Dr. Wen Ch-Iu
- Gary Tong as Huang Feng
- Anna Kenrick as Choy
- Ray Charleson as Dr. James Morton
- Jeremy Gerber as Harry Jones
- Joy Miller as Annie Jones
- Candy Aston as Indiana Jones' granddaughter
- Jonathon Yong as Cheng
- Cecil Cheng as Chinese Debt Collector
- Mary Tenpow as Grandmother (as Mary Ten Pow)
- Alice Fung as Mai-Ling
- Produced by: Rick McCallum
- Created by: George Lucas
- Music by: Laurence Rosenthal
- Written by: Rosemary Anne Sisson
- Based on a story by: George Lucas
- Directed by: Gavin Millar & Carl Schultz (bookends)
Behind the scenes
The broadcast version of "Peking, March 1910" first aired on June 8, 1993 on ABC. However, the story had already been released through the comic adaptation, which came out in January and February 1993.
In 1996, the episode was edited into Journey of Radiance, which was released on DVD in 2007 (as part of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume One, The Early Years).
The episode was adapted as Peking, March 1910 (issues #11 and #12) of the comic series of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.