Adventures in Saudi Arabia[edit | edit source]
In June 1934, Indiana Jones planned an expedition into the Rub al Khali Desert after months of preparation to search for the remnants of a nomadic culture that predated Christ. However, Jones found that René Emile Belloq had preempted him and conducted an extensive excavation.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- In Raiders of the Lost Ark, the map showing the flight to Egypt mistakenly displays Qatar as part of Saudi Arabia, when in fact Qatar has never been part of Saudi Arabia.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" → Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (On map)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First mentioned)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (On map)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (On map)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones Artifacts
- Lines in the Sand - The Middle East and the Great War (Non-fiction source)
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide