Adventures in Saudi Arabia
In June 1934, Indiana Jones planned an expedition into the Rub al Khali Desert after months of preparation to search for the remnants of a nomadic culture that predated Christ. However, Jones found that René Emile Belloq had preempted him and conducted an extensive excavation.
At some point, the Black Stone went missing from its resting place in Mecca for a time.
Behind the scenes
- In Raiders of the Lost Ark, the map showing the flight to Egypt mistakenly displays Qatar as part of Saudi Arabia, when in fact Qatar has never been part of Saudi Arabia.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" → Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (On map)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First mentioned)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (On map)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (On map)
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones Artifacts
- Lines in the Sand - The Middle East and the Great War (Non-fiction source)
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide