- "He's got witnesses, five or six of them."
The Sheriff was the local law enforcement official in the small town in Utah, where Indiana Jones lived in 1912. When Jones discovered treasure hunters looting the Cross of Coronado from a canyon, he sent his friend Herman to get the sheriff. When Jones managed to reach his house with the cross, Herman arrived, with the Sheriff and his deputy.
The Sheriff, who took Fedora's word for it that the Cross was stolen from them by Jones, told Jones that if he returned the Cross to its rightful owners, they wouldn't press charges. Jones was crushed to learn that the Sheriff actually believed them and was in cahoots with Fedora and Panama Hat and backed them up on it. The Sheriff bid Jones farewell and left before Fedora gave Jones his hat.
Behind the scenes
The script and movie credits refer to the character as Sheriff, though the character's actual name is not revealed.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade junior novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade comic