"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"
A snake is a legless reptile. Snakes come in many varieties, from small to large, non-venomous and venomous, and can be found on six continents. In many human cultures, snakes, though not domesticated, but often seen as a pest to livestock, were made a part of myths and legends.
Adventures with snakes[edit | edit source]
Indiana Jones suffered from a fear of snakes brought on from when he fell into a crate of them aboard the Dunn and Duffy Circus Train in 1912 while trying to evade Fedora, from whom Indy had taken the Cross of Coronado.
Jones frequently ran across snakes in his adventures.
In 1935, while camping along the way to Pankot Palace, Jones and Willie Scott had a nocturnal encounter with a large python. Later that year, Jones discovered the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, which had a chamber filled with snakes, including one gigantic cobra.
In 1936, after escaping from the Hovitos, Jones had a close encounter with a boa constrictor named Reggie, who shared his seat in Jock Lindsey's plane. Later that year, Jones discovered that the Well of the Souls was filled with dangerous asps, and even a cobra.
Snake variants[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "British East Africa, September 1909" → Passion for Life
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Hollywood Follies" → Hollywood Follies
- Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone
- Indiana Jones Adventure World
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom novel
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull novel
- Indiana Jones and the Lost Puzzles
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Rising Sun
- Indiana Jones Adventures
- The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones