The Ten Commandments were stone tablets said to have been given by God to Moses while showing him the law on Mount Horeb. When Moses returned from the mountain and found that the Jews had become decadent through orgies and the construction of idols, he grew angry and smashed the tablets. While the Ten Commandments were ultimately replaced, the original pieces were stored within the Ark of the Covenant and the Israelites placed the Ark in the Temple of Solomon when they settled in Canaan.
In 1936, Indiana Jones mentioned the Ten Commandments to Major Eaton and Colonel Musgrove at Marshall College while explaining that the Ark alluded to in an intercepted Nazi communiqué was the Ark of the Covenant and not Noah's Ark.
- Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark junior novel (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (Mosaic)