Thailand (also previously known as Siam) is a country in southeast Asia, bordered by Burma, Cambodia, Laos, and Malaysia. Prior to the 1700s, portions of Thailand were controlled by Burmese, Khmer and local kingdoms. Unified into a single kingdom in the 1700s, Thailand was the only southeast Asian country to not become a colonial state of European powers. In the 1930s, Thailand switched from being an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy (which was more a de-facto military dictatorship). In 1939, the country switched the name of the country from Siam to Thailand, though reverted back to its previous name from 1945-1949.
During World War II, Thailand was forced to be an ally of Japan, though the United States of America secretly supported Thai resistance efforts. During the Cold War, Thailand was a key ally of America in the region.
Adventures in ThailandEdit
Locations in ThailandEdit
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom novel (Mentioned only) (As "Siam")
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (On map)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones Adventures
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb: 1935 Journal (As "Siam")
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide