Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
From high seas to searing desert...from exploding planes to horrifying mummies...from the first exciting days of shooting in France to the last stages of special effects wizardry...Here is the amazing story of the creation of the year's most fabulous movie.
- In-depth interviews with the stars!
- Conversations with Director Steven Spielberg and Producer Frank Marshall!
- Discussions with the special-effects designers who dazzle you with their incredible cinematic techniques!
- Chapters on the heart-stopping stunts and interviews with the people who create and execute them!
- Candid sessions with Executive Producer George Lucas, creator of the STAR WARS saga!
32 pages of spectacular behind-the-scenes photos
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Early Days of Raiders at Elstree Studios: Production Begins
- What Brought Us Together: The Lure of Raiders
- Howard Kazanjian, Executive Producer
- Frank Marshall, Producer, Norman Reynolds, Production Designer
- Snakemania and the Well of the Souls
- Some Talk of the Louma Crane and Tom Smith, Makeup Man. Not a Good Day at the Raven Bar
- On Location in England. What Does a Stand-in Do? Stories from the Associate Producer
- The Flight to Africa; A Wild First Day at the Digs
- Desert Days
- Conversation Pieces Under the Sun
- Harrison Ford Speaks Up
- George Lucas in Close-up; A Chat with Steven Spielberg
- Steven Spielberg: A Director's Guide to This and That
- Shooting from the Hip: Snap Decisions and Time Spent with David Tomblin
- The Violent Moment of Great Illusion: The Stunt Men
- Martin Grace and Wendy Leach: Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood Without Faces
- Karen Allen: An Old-fashioned Heroine
- Actors and Their Lives; the Production Office, Evening
- Roy Charman: The Story of a Proud British Technician
- Big Bangs and Scarlet Fireballs: The Kit West Story
- Douglas Slocombe: A Great Man of Photography
- Technology Rules: The ILM Story
- How to Knock Out a Film Score in Three Months: A Tribute to John Williams