It sank off the Portuguese coast in 1938 while Indiana Jones fought Panama's henchmen to reclaim the Cross of Coronado, after a large wave knocked one of its smokestacks onto its cargo of TNT, blowing the ship up. Jones and Bill Lawton were the only known survivors.
Behind the scenes
During the development of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade's script, written by Jeffrey Boam, the Coronado was "Hernan Cortes - Lisboa", with the Cross of Coronado called the Cross of Cortes. However, as Panama Hat did not exist in those versions of the story, the sailors would fight Indy independently.
In LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, after the ship explodes, Panama Hat and some of his sailors managed to escape to a nearby islet and set up camp.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade comic
- Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance)