"Our demands are simple: We want peace for the soldier, we want bread for our workers, we want land for our peasants now!"
―Vladimir Ilyich Lenin[src]
Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, better known by his alias Lenin, was a Russian revolutionary, a communist politician, the main leader of the October Revolution, the first head of the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic and, from 1922, the first de facto leader of the Soviet Union.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In July 1917, for his eighteenth birthday, Indiana Jones saw Vladimir Ilyich Lenin speak on communism to a congregation of Bolsheviks in the city of Petrograd (renamed that year from Saint Petersburg), Russia.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Young Indiana Jones and the Princess of Peril (Historical Note)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Petrograd, July 1917" → Adventures in the Secret Service (First appearance)
- Revolution in Russia
- The Rule of Russia
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Istanbul, September 1918" → Masks of Evil (Indirect mention)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Moscow, July 1919" (Cancelled)
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis comic (Pictured only)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Pictured only)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales
- Unquiet Voices - Russian Writers and the State (Non-fiction source)
- The Russian Revolution - All Power to the Soviets! (Non-fiction source)
- V. I. Lenin - History Will Not Forgive Us (Non-fiction source)
- The Best Intentions - The Paris Peace Conference and the Treaty of Versailles (Non-fiction source)