The World War One ace was a retired pilot from the first World War, who was among Indiana Jones and Henry Jones' fellow passengers of the zeppelin leaving Germany. During the trip, he drank heavily and told war stories to the other passengers. His allegiance to the Nazis (or at least his country in general) was revealed when a Gestapo agent called for any loyal Germans to help him pursue the Joneses, and he volunteered. Unfortunately, he was so drunk that when he and the agent tried to follow the Joneses in a second biplane, he neglected to turn the motor on and they crashed and died.
Behind the scenes
- Frederick Jaeger played the ace.
- The sequence in which he is killed was cut from the final version of the film but remains in the novelization and the comic book.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade comic
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade