Young Indiana Jones and the Lost Gold of Durango is a tenth young adult novel in the series published by Random House, and the first by authors Megan Stine and H. William Stine.
There's gold in them thar hills!
Actually, the gold is stashed in the ancient cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde, Colorado. It's bank loot from Durango, swiped by the notorious Butler Brothers. They went to jail years ago. The gold's just waiting to be found. And young Indiana Jones can't wait to find it!
The search ought to be a cinch. After all, Indy's teamed up with his Pueblo friend Jay, who's got inside information.
But Indy has no idea how many varmints lurk in Mesa Verde...rattlesnakes, a gun-waving oldtimer, and the Butler Brothers themselves. Get ready, Indy, for the showdown of your life!
- King Arthur (Mentioned only)
- Billy the Kid (Mentioned only)
- Floyd Butler
- J. D. Butler
- Coyote with an Eagle in His Mouth
- Jesse Walter Fewkes
- Garth (Mentioned only)
- Anna Mary Jones (Mentioned only)
- Henry Walton Jones, Sr.
- Indiana Jones
- Horatio Lintell
- Lonely Wolf
- Lonely Wolf's father (Mentioned only)
- Lonely Wolf's mother (Mentioned only)
- William Howard Taft (Mentioned only)
- Woodrow Wilson (Mentioned only)
- United States of America
- Excalibur (Mentioned only)
- Boston Braves (Mentioned only)
- Butler Brothers
- O Susanna
Behind the scenes
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide places this story in September 1913, while The World of Indiana Jones notes the events take place during the same summer as the 1912 prologue to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. New dates from The Diaries of Indiana Jones pushes the events of Durango to at least the back end of August 1912.