A zombie or zombi was a member of the undead.
Indiana Jones had encountered different kinds of zombie in the course of his adventures during his lifetime.
Adventures with zombies[edit | edit source]
- 'real' corpses of the dead, re-animated by magic
- 'chemical' living people, subdued and controlled by a potion.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Zombies were first intended to debut in the Indiana Jones universe with the planned release of the Dark Horse Comics series Indiana Jones: The Dance of Death, but the story went unpublished for unknown reasons, yet its offscreen events were made canon with the 1994 release of The World of Indiana Jones.
When writing Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead, author Steve Perry decided to introduce zombies as Indiana Jones had never dealt with the undead. However, he decided to make both magical and chemical zombies to contrast them.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Mata Hari Affair (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones: The Dance of Death (Cancelled)
- Indiana Jones and the Arms of Gold (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead
- Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix